Named Spanish American War Albany Medal Group
The group is comprised of the following items from William W. Cheeritree, who served in the war as a member of Company D of the 1st Infantry Regiment, New York Volunteers. He was born in 1877 and died in 1955:
– City of Albany Spanish American War Medal, named on the edge: “William W. Cheeritree Co. D 1st Inf. N.Y. Vols.”
– Enamel 8th Corps veteran badge.
– Gilt finish Spanish American War veteran’s badge with eagle suspension bar. The American flag ribbon that connected the suspension bar with the pendant cross is torn and is in two pieces.
– Bronze Spanish American War veteran’s cross on a red, white and blue ribbon.
– 15th Annual Reunion badge for the Veterans of foreign Wars in Pittsburgh in 1914.
– 1928 badge commemorating the 26th anniversary of Cuban Independence and the 30th encampment of the United Spanish War Veterans in Havana, Cuba.