Named Spanish American War New York Guard Group
The medals of John J. Denn, who served in Company B of the 1st Infantry Regiment, New York Volunteers. Denn served from about 1898 to 1910, and he died in New York City in 1914.
The group is comprised of the following items:
- New York State Spanish-American War Service Medal, named on the edge "John J. Denn". The medal is on a slot brooch suspension that is manufacturer marked by Dieggs & Clust.
- New York State Faithful Service Medal, numbered 3398 and manufactured by Tiffany & Company. The medal has a "10 Year" suspension and is on a full length red neck ribbon. The medal was awarded to 1st Lieutenant Denn in 1908 while he was serving with 35th B 10th Infantry.
- New York State Guard shooting ladder badge with a "Marksman" suspension bar over a "7 Year" bar; a "Sharpshooter" bar over a 4 Year bar; an "Expert" bar over a 2 Year bar; and the "1898 USV" bar. The badge is manufacturer marked by Tiffany & Company.
- A pin back, sterling silver, suspension bar with "Distinguished Expert" in blue enamel.
- A New York Guard "100 Percent" medal for 3 years service.
- A gilt New York State pin back collar insignia.
- The crossed rifle insignia of an officer of the 14th Infantry Regiment.
© GriffinMilitaria.com. All Rights Reserved.