A large and extensive grouping of the uniform and equipment worn and used by a Japanese soldier in cold climate combat during World War II. The items are all an a very good state and in matching condition. The group is comprised of the following items:
- Wool and fur winter weather cap, with cloth Army star on the front. Very clean interior with issue stamps, shows minor edge wear on the front fur.
- Heavy wool winter uniform tunic, with faint interior issue stamp.
- Winter trousers, heavy olive green cotton with wool lining.
- Extreme cold weather green wool boot slippers.
- Wool puttees.
- Heavy green wool Army mittens.
- Wool fur lined leggings, with all leather straps and buckles intact.
- Leather and canvas ankle boots.
- Long, heavy winter soldier's overcoat, with fur collar and wool and fur interior lining.
The equipment that is within the group includes the following items:
- Heavy cotton Army bread bag.
- Leather enlisted / NCO waist belt with two leather cartridge boxes worn on the front of the body.
- Arisaka rifle bayonet in scabbard, with frog. The bayonet has a bird head quillon, straight cross guard, contoured wood grips, with a blued blade that is marked as manufactured by the Toyoda Automatic Loom Works under Nagoya supervision.
- Japanese Army enlisted canteen within the fur lines winter cover, on full shoulder strap.
- Canvas cotton backpack, with wool Army blanket and the soldier's rice cooker within the padded winter cover.
The leather waist belt shows wear, as do the cartridge boxes and bayonet, but they are in good used condition. The other uniform and equipment articles are in excellent used condition, being exceptionally clean and together they comprise an extremely impressive set.